ICT in Latin America and the Caribbean
Conf-IRM is an affiliated conference of the Association for Information Systems - AIS. It provides a peer-reviewed forum for researchers from across the globe to share contemporary research developments in the fields of information systems and information management. It seeks to promote effective and vibrant networking among researchers and practitioners from around the world who are concerned about the effective management of information resources in organizations. Consequently, the conference is designed to provide a venue for researchers to get substantive and beneficial feedback on their work. Conf-IRM builds on the traditions of the Information Resources Management Association (IRMA) Conferences. Under new leadership, the IRMA Conference has been re-positioned and is now known as Conf-IRM.
As Conf-IRM2012 encourages submissions in other languages, the Spanish and Portuguese speaking community is invited to contribute to the conference by submitting their work to the ICT in Latin America and the Caribbean Track (also, researchers from all regions of the world are invited to submit papers to this track).Presentations will be held in the original language of the paper.
The ICT in Latin America encourages the submission of quality papers,as well as panel and workshop proposals, dealing with -but not limited to- the following topics, representing all tracks of the conference. Proposals should be in Spanish or Portuguese, but all must have an abstract in English. Papers dealing with the Latin American and Caribbean contexts are especially welcomed.
- IT Evaluation, Decision Making and Compliance
- IT Service Management, Service Computing and Engineering
- Green IS/IT Strategies and Technologies
- Knowledge Management
- ICT for Development
- Design Thinking in Information Systems Development
- Information Security, Privacy, and Risk Management
- ICT in Government, Education, and Healthcare
- E-Commerce, M-Commerce and Social Networking
- Cloud Computing and Virtualization
- Impacts of ICT on People, Organizations, and Society
- Strategic IT Management and Governance
- IS Research Methods